• Liebes Satportal.to Mitglied, nach knapp 20 Jahren schließt das Satportal.to zum 31.08.2019. Dieser Schritt ist uns nicht leicht gefallen, jedoch lässt es die wirtschaftliche und zeitliche Situation leider nicht anders zu. Die Einnahmen decken seit Jahren nicht die Ausgaben daher werden keine weiteren Investitionen für Plattform getätigt. Wir bitten Dich daher, Deine Daten zu sichern. Wir bedanken uns für deinen Beitrag auf SP! und wünschen Dir für die Zukunft alles Gute. Schöne Grüße Das SP Team

How to setup internet cardsharing on a Triple Drag0n

Status
Nicht offen für weitere Antworten.
1 INTRODUCTION

This document describes what to do with a virgin TD box to get remote CS working. I know this has
been done for some time with a Dreambox but when I got my TD I found that many of the methods for
that box didn’t work and could get no real help from anyone who had actually done it. So after many
hours of work figuring it all out I decided to write this so that others wouldn’t have all the frustration I
had.

I am not a Linux or Networking expert, so there may be other ways which are better than this, but at
least I know that this works for me and can see no reason why it shouldn’t work for others. I’ll try not
to repeat information which is available elsewhere but no doubt some overlap will occur.

2 WHAT YOU WILL NEED

IMHO a HARD DISK DRIVE is essential for PVR and timeshift operations and also for overcoming
space limitations on the TD flash memory. Instructions for installing a hard drive are found in the TD
manual available from:

http://www.tripledragon-fan.de/anleitung/eng/manu-html/handbuch/index.html

I was unable to get the network connectivity needed without a ROUTER for reasons which become
clear later on. I used a Netgear DG384 but I’m sure any similar router will do the job. Obviously,
instructions for installing and using a router come with the packaging.

I used TRIPLE ****** TOOL (TDT) for programming the TD flash memory. I used version
1.02a and didn’t try any others. TDT is available from:

http://www.tripledragon-fan.de/anleitung/eng/html/tools.html

TRIPLE ****** COMMAND CENTRE (TDCC) is needed for installing unofficial firmware
(images) based on official releases flashed with TDT. I used version 1.7 having had problems with
earlier versions. TDCC is available from the same site as TDT.

A TELNET package is useful during testing for accessing the TD to see what the file structure is and
what processes are running. I used the one which came with XP although I needed PUTTY later on to
monitor the operation of the cardserver software. PUTTY can be downloaded from:

PuTTY: a free telnet/ssh client

An FTP package is also handy for updating and backing up TD files, especially configuration files and
settings. It’s probably not strictly necessary but a good tool to have. I used FILEZILLA version 2.2

SourceForge.net: FileZilla

An essential program for accessing and editing TD configuration files is ULTRAEDIT-32. I used the
Pro version 11.00 which has to be paid for. Maybe there are some freeware equivalents around.
UltraEdit is available from:

Text Editor, Hex Editor, PHP Editor, HTML Editor, Programmer's Editor UltraEdit / UEStudio / UltraCompare / UltraSentry

Armed with all these you’re ready to set up the TD box.

3 GETTING STARTED

The first thing to do is to configure your TD to be able to flash it with a new version of the official
software (image). So connect your TD to the router and follow the instructions in sections 3.1/3.2 of
the manual to boot the TD into the bootloader menu and change the network setup.

I use the official image from 12th
August 2005 from:

http://www.tripledragon-fan.de/board/thread.php?threadid=1657

This is a full 8mb image which is a major improvement over anything earlier, and I use TDT to flash it
in the TD.

In the Network Setup section of the front panel, follow the manual instructions to change the IP
addresses of the LIP (TD box) and RIP (your PC which runs TDT). I chose an arbitrary IP address of
192.168.0.99 for the LIP and my router had previously assigned an IP address of 192.168.0.2 for my
PC, so I updated the RIP to this value. After saving these changes I moved the front panel cursor to the
Upgrade Software option. Run up TDT and select the path to the image. Then select this image (.bin
file 8mb in size) in the Firmware Update tab and press ‘enter’ on the front of the TD. The image is then
transferred from your PC to the TD and an option to update appears on the TD front panel. Select this
option and wait some minutes while the erasing of the old image and flashing of the new image occurs.

Sometimes I found that a ‘Network Error’ message appeared on the TD front panel and the image
failed to transfer, but after a few retries/reboots of the TD it usually worked ok.

You will have lost all your settings as a result of the update so you may want to go round the TD OSD
menu system to configure your rotor, satellites etc.

Next you flash your TD with an unofficial image which contains the CS software and externalises it to
an OSD menu option. I used the Beerman BM version 9.1d which I downloaded from:

http://www.ucassupport.nl/triple-******/update.htm

although there are plenty of alternative sites around.

I tried other versions of both official and unofficial images but couldn’t get them to work so for now
I’ll stick with these.

Before you can flash the Beerman image you must setup your network in the OSD menus:

Menu->System Setup->More System Setup->Network Configuration->Network Interfaces

Select ‘built-in Ethernet’ in the Network Interfaces box and ‘static, IPv4’ in the IP-Configuration Type
box. This exposes four more entries for IP information. I put my TD IP address (192.168.0.99) in the
first one, ‘255.255.255.0’ in the second, and the local IP address of my router in the last two. Then I
saved the configuration.

Now you can flash the Beerman image by executing TDCC on your PC. In the Setup/MAC tab enter
the user ID and Password for the TD image (‘root’ and ‘dragon’) and click the ‘Search TD’ box to see
your PC and TD IP addresses. In the Upload tab browse the ‘choose Image’ dropdown box to the
Beerman image on your PC and click the ‘Flash image’ box. After the confirmation, a telnet session
opens in the black window which installs the image in your TD. This takes a few minutes after which
the box reboots and you’re ready to configure the CS files.

4 INTRODUCTION TO CARDSHARING

There are several programs to do this job in the Beerman image named Radegast, Mgcamd, Evocamd
and NewCS. They can be seen in the OSD menu:

Menu->Extras->BMToy (3.2.0)

by left or right scrolling through the top box.

Others not included are, for example gbox and betad. Some of these are software emulators which use
key files to decrypt well-known hacked services and some are programs which run a card in a
cardreader and use the card to decrypt a service (server). Others pass encrypted control word data to
one of these programs and receive back the decrypted data to decrypt the service (client). In order to do
cardsharing you need a client program and a server program. For normal usage with an official card
you run both in a single TD, but for cardsharing you need a client running on the TD which is tuned to
an encrypted service and a server running on another TD which has the appropriate card in a cardreader
slot. The server TD doesn’t need to be tuned to the same service (or even connected to a satellite feed);
the only requirement is that both TDs are running, not in standby.

If both client and server box are in the same LAN we have local sharing. If they are connected over the
internet we have remote sharing. The method for configuring client and server is pretty similar whether
it’s for local or remote working.

I’m going to use Mgcamd as the client and NewCS as the server program. I have also used Newcamd
as a client but haven’t tried any other options.

5 CLIENT CONFIGURATION

To configure Mgcamd as a NewCS client open up UltraEdit. From the File menu select ‘Open from
FTP…’ from the FTP option. Click on the Accounts box and enter the details of your TD. From then
on you can select your Account and click Open. The directory structure of the files in your TD can be
seen in an Explorer-like format. Note that in Linux ‘/’ is the same as Windows ‘\’. Navigate to
/var/tuxbox/config and you will see a filename of newcamd.conf. Double click on the filename and
don’t convert the format to DOS/Windows and you will see the file displayed in an edit window.

The file consists of two lines:

CWS = 127.0.0.1 11001 pip op1ce 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 wan cardserv
CWS = 127.0.0.1 11002 pip op1ce 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 wan cardserv

Mgcamd uses it to identify where the servers are which it connects to. There is one line per server and
the two lines in the file identify the cardreaders in the client TD. Leave them as they are otherwise you
won’t be able to access the cardreaders if you use Mgcamd on its own as an emulator.

CWS = Control Word Server (I think) and it’s basically a server’s job to receive encrypted control
words from the client’s ECM data stream, use a card to produce decrypted control words and send
them back to the client.

127.0.0.1 = IP address of the server. In this case 127.0.0.1 conventionally means ‘this TD box’.

11001/2 = TCP communications port via which client/server data is transferred. 11001 is the lower
card reader and 11002 the upper one.

pip/op1ce = username and password with which the client logs into the server.

01…14 = A DES key for the client/server to encrypt/decrypt data transmitted between them.

wan = Type of connection. The other option is ‘lan’ but I’ve never seen any difference between them in
practice.

cardserv = Name of the cardserver (see next section).

You need to add a line which tells Mgcamd the server/login details in the form:

CWS = <IP> 11001/2 <username password> 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 wan cardserv

Where:

<IP> = The IP address of the server TD box in the LAN (192.168.0.xxx) or on the internet
(www.serverdomainname.xxx).

11001/2 = 11001 if the card used by the server is in the lower slot or 11002 if it’s in the upper slot.

<username password> = self-explanatory.

I think that’s pretty straightforward so I won’t give any examples.

Now take the File menu option FTP->Save as to FTP… and save the file. The file newcamd.conf is
saved on your TD client.

Finally, use the FTP Open option to list the file and highlight it. Then click the ‘Permissions’ box and
click on the radio buttons until the value is ‘777’ and save that value. I don’t know if it’s strictly
necessary but it avoids any subsequent entitlement problems.

Use UltraEdit to display the file /var/keys/mg_cfg. You’ll see a list of options with comments which
make it self-explanatory. Just make sure that in the section:

# network mode, use summ for several clients
# 00 no network (default)
# 01 newcamd netclient
# 02 radegast netclient
# 04 camd3 netclient
G: { xx }

you change the value of G to ‘01’.

Also, just check that the value of P is ‘00’ in:

# network shares priority
# 00 newcamd, radegast, camd3 (default)
# 01 camd3, radegast, newcamd
# 02 newcamd, camd3, radegast
P: { 00 }

and FTP-save the file, updating its permissions if necessary.

There are other options but IMHO most of them are irrelevant to the TD. For example, I’ve never been
able to get logging or UDP access working.

To invoke the client software use the OSD Menu->Extras->BMToy (3.2.0) and scroll until the top box
contains ‘Mgcamd’. The scroll down the screen and Save Now. Confirm by pressing the red button on
the TD remote and put the receiver into standby. Next time you run it up it will be working.

6 SERVER CONFIGURATION

To configure NewCS as a cardserver use UltraEdit to list the /var/etc/newcs.xml file.

You’ll see the data with each field/group of fields surrounded by start (<>) and end (</>) tags. There
are a huge number of choices here which are all explained in detail at:

http://www.dreamboxworld.com/dbw/newcs.htm

Whilst the card reader options look complicated it seems that NewCS is intelligent enough to work out
what type your card is even if you get some parameters wrong. Basically all I have done is set the
cardreader to automatic card detect, turn off the xml and Radegast servers, turn on the newcamd server
and name it to ‘cardserv’ and add a client user to correspond with the one set up in the last section.

<carddetect>yes</carddetect>
<xmlserver>
<enabled>0</enabled>
<radegastserver>
<enabled>0</enabled>
<newcamdserver>
<enabled>1</enabled>
<name>cardserv</name>
<user>
<name>as per client</name>
<password>as per client</password>
<port>as per client<?port>
<hostname>192.168.0.99</hostname>
<au>on</au>
</user>

Obviously the hostname should be the IP address of the client TD if it’s in a LAN or the internet IP
address if the client is remote to the server.

Having made the amendments, FTP-save the file and update the permissions.

The Beerman readme accompanying the image says:

‘To have newcs option enabled you need to remove /var/etc/bm.conf and restart box’. I don’t know
what this does but I suppose it should be done. You can use UltraEdit (or Filezilla) to do the deletion,
then reboot the server TD as per the manual.

To invoke the server software (NewCS) use the OSD Menu->Extras->BMToy (3.2.0) and scroll until
the top box contains ‘Mgcamd+NewCS’ or ‘Newcamd+NewCS’. Then scroll down the screen and Save Now. Confirm by pressing the red button on the TD remote and put the receiver into standby.
Next time you run it up it will be working and everything should go as planned.

7 USING FIXED DOMAIN NAMES

Most ISPs allocate dynamic IP addresses to each user which change every time an internet connection
is started. This means that the IP addresses entered in newcamd.conf and newcs.xml soon get out of
date. It’s a bit impractical to keep changing them; what’s needed is a way of specifying a static address
in the files, and a way of mapping that address to the current IP address when cardsharing is to be used.

Both these aims can be achieved using a Dynamic Domain Name Server (DynDNS). A Google
search will reveal several sites which will allocate you a fixed domain name and provide a mechanism
whereby the name is updated to map to the current IP address. So I recommend you use this option,
making sure that an update has occurred at both client and server ends before starting a cardsharing
session over the internet.

8 PORT FORWARDING

If you’re sharing over a LAN then all activity takes place behind the router, but of course over the
internet the router’s inbuilt firewall will normally ban all incoming traffic except that which is a
response to an earlier outgoing request. Also, you need a mechanism whereby data from a TD client
gets routed to the TD server (and vice versa) not to some other box in the LAN. Achieving these aims
is called Port Forwarding and there is usually a way whereby a router can be told to allow incoming
traffic over a certain port and send it to a specific local IP address.

This clearly needs to be done before remote sharing can occur, so consult either your router’s manual
or go to:

PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

which gives port forwarding instructions for a wide choice of router models.

9 MONITORING THE CONNECTION

In the testing/troubleshooting stages you will want to able to see what is happening during the
attempted sharing. So far I haven’t been able to get any monitoring/logging at the Mgcamd client end,
only at the NewCS server end.

In newcs.xml you will note that in the <debug> section there is a TCP port specified for logging, which
has a default value of 3001.

To telnet to that port I use the Putty program; for some reason the standard XP telnet program doesn’t
allow you to use a port other than the standard one (21).

When you start Putty enter the local IP address of the TD server and the port (3001), click the radio
button ‘Telnet’ and save the settings. Then you can connect and watch the traffic.

You can change the display with the ‘type’ and ‘level’ parameters.

Valid value for ‘level’ are normal, verbose, spam and can be changed in real time (see the online help)
or set in newCS.xml:

<level></level>

Valid value for ‘type’ are init, general, ecm, emm, net and can be changed in real time as above or set
in newCS.xml:

<type></type>

10 CONCLUSION

I hope this document is useful to you and helps you to get the most out of your TD receiver.

May good fortune attend you all.

23rd September 2005
Source: a PDF file

Status
Nicht offen für weitere Antworten.
Oben